Wednesday 13 November 2013

Satisfying Sausage Rolls!

SUPER EASY sausage, bacon and leek rolls

If you follow me on twitter then you'll know that recently I've been making quite a lot of sausage rolls.. I just can't get enough! SO, I thought I'd share with you the recipe to make these simple little treats, also I don't know about you but sausage rolls remind me of Christmas, so hopefully these will help you get into the Christmas spirit! - I cant believe we're only 1 month away, ahh!

Ingredients
450g sausage meat (for sausages with the skin removed)
3 rashers bacon, finely chopped
375g pack Jus-Rol All Butter Puff Pastry
1 egg, beaten, (to glaze)

Ready, Steady, Cook!

1) Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Mix together sausage meat and bacon.

2) Unroll the puff pastry sheet and cut in half length ways to give you 2 long rectangles. Place half the sausage mixture along one of the rectangles, off center, so there is a wide strip of pastry one side and a narrower one the other.

3) Brush the narrower side lightly with beaten egg, then fold over the wider side to cover the sausage mixture. Press the pastry firmly together and trim off to straighten the edge. Knock up the edges by gently tapping against the join with a knife to help seal it.

4) Cut the strip into 6 equal pieces. Repeat with the remaining pastry and sausage meat. Place on a baking tray, make cuts in the top of the rolls with a sharp knife and glaze with beaten egg. Bake for 20 mins or until the pastry is golden and well risen.

And you're done! 

I hope you enjoy this recipe, they truly do taste amazing and much better than store bought ones!

Thank you,
geeeboo xox





No comments:

Post a Comment