Thursday 19 September 2013

Tagged: The Good & Bad Beauty Blogger Tag!

The Beauty Blogger Tag!

This tag was created by Saffron who's blog is at http://saffystyle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/good-and-bad-tag.html#more so all credits to her!
And I'd like to thank Louise at http://kinderhealthandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/tagged-good-and-bad-beauty-blogger-tag.html for tagging me!

Here's how it goes: Answer the questions and tag as many other bloggers to do this tag as you wish, but notify them afterwards, obviously :) 
So lets start!

Things I'm Good At: 

Face makeup- I don't always wear foundation, especially not a thick layer, but I always powder and conceal, and usually use blusher or something as well. Id say I'm good at applying it, I always make sure its blended in properly, and it never looks orange, most of the time people don't even notice I wear face makeup because you don't see it sitting on the skin like a mask. I use a combination of brushes/fingers/sponges. 

Lips- I rarely wear lipstick unless its for a special event or if its a nude colour, most of the time I just wear a natural coloured tinted lip balm or lip stain, I used to wear gloss but not anymore. I'm quite a perfectionist when it comes to lip products, I always make sure its even and smooth and not too harsh for an everyday look. 

Eyes- I believe that I'm quite good at my eye makeup, although I have heard from some that its a bit messy in the past, but I'm not sure if they were just trying to bring me down, haha. I do a winged eyeliner practically everyday so I'm good at that from the practice, and I'm never too dramatic on eye shadow or anything either, especially if its a thick eyeliner line. Since that comment I've been a lot neater, and don't rush it like I used to.

Skincare- I'm religious about a clean face! I can never go all day with a layer of makeup on, it just feels so dirty.. There's nothing I love more than coming home and wiping off all my makeup and then cleansing my face, as I know its better for my skin, which makes me feel good I guess. 

Nails- Again, this is a thing I tend to rush as I'm so impatient! I do enjoy doing my nails, but sometimes I feel like its a bit of a chore, even if there's a colour I really want to put on, and especially if it ends up going wrong, I get so frustrated! However I do get compliments on my nails most of the time, I like doing designs with the nail art pens and thinking of creative things to paint. Those are the ones that normally get the compliments. 

Body- As I'm a clean freak, I always make sure my body is washed at least once a day, like I'm sure most people do. I love having nice relaxing baths, particularly in the winter they're like the highlight of my day! I try to exfoliate and moisturize as much as I can but well.. I'll tell you the rest in the Things I'm Bad At section. 

Lifestyle- I don't smoke or drink and I try to eat as much healthy foods as I can, but junk food will always taste better to me. ;)

Now onto..

Things I'm Bad At:

Face- As I'm pale as a ghost, I find it hard to find my exact match of foundation so it may sometimes be a bit dark for me, but I always blend it into my neck so its not patchy or orange. Also I'm not very good at contouring, I feel like I can do it, but it never really makes a difference or makes my face look slimmer, I don't know if its just because I'm doing it quite subtly or if I'm doing it completely wrong. 

Lips- I never use a lip liner, so I guess it doesn't look as clean cut and sharp as it should, but I'm just lazy. 

Eyes- I'm not really that good at blending eye shadow, I think its because the brush I use isn't a proper blending brush, I'm not sure though. Also sometimes my mascara or eyeliner transfers onto the bottom of my eye and smudges, which is annoying, I've tried numerous things to prevent it but none of them work!

Skincare- I forget to prime before foundation nearly every day, and especially because I have oily skin, I know I should be on top of it! Also, I'm a sucker for picking/squeezing spots, its a huge no no, but whenever I get a new spot I feel the urge to get rid of it quickly by doing it, it just relieves me from the pain/discomfort of a big lump under my skin. (Pleasant I know)

Nail varnish- I never apply a base coat or top coat before and after painting. I also leave my nail varnish on for way too long even after I'm bored of the colour, again, (because I'm lazy) and then it ends up staining which is always wonderful. 

Body- I don't moisturize or exfoliate everyday like I know you should, mainly because I don't feel like I have dry skin so I usually don't think it will matter too much if I don't, I just have no time to do it but its definitely something I need to work on!

Lifestyle- This is a big problem of mine but I simply don't drink enough water and no matter how many times I've been told, I just don't do it, not purposely though, I just don't feel thirsty a lot so I don't think to go take a drink. Although in the summer I must say that I do drink a lot more because of the heat and all, but in the winter/other months I hardly drink any. :/ I also need to eat more healthy foods like veg/fruit and fish, especially fish actually as I hate it but its seriously one of the healthiest things you can eat, and even though I know how much I would benefit from it, I just cant bring myself to eat much of it as I hate the taste/smell.

I nominate: LolliK at http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

Thank you for reading! It really means a lot to me when people comment/ follow etc so please do!
If I haven't tagged you but you'd still like to take part in this tag then feel free to! Make sure you comment me the link so I can read :) 

Twitter @geeeboo - follow for updates on my everyday life and when new posts are coming, etc 
xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your post! Great stuff xx


    Http://Kinderhealthandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I loved reading yours too :) xx

      Delete