Wednesday 28 August 2013

Who's your idol?

"Celebrities"

If you follow me on twitter (@geeeboo) you'll know of my love for Audrey Hepburn and classic icons and old fashioned, vintage, classic things. Seriously though how can you not adore this woman? She's someone I have to keep reminding myself is no longer around anymore because her energy is just so powerful and captivating. 

It got me thinking though, how different was the 50's 60's etc to these days? Where back then they had celebrities like Marilyn Monroe, Audrey, Grace Kelly etc. And now we have the Kardashians, and people who just plainly have no talent or anything to offer the world. If I could go back in time to those days I would, more than anything! 

Its a real shame because people like Audrey should be who young girls of today look up to, she's a real role model, no one can deny. Its very rare you hear someone say "my idol is audrey hepburn". I just think such a legend should deserve more glory. In the words of one of her friends "She was a dream, the type of dream that you remember and smile when you wake up".

Don't get me wrong there are some amazing idols who do grace the earth today, I just think we shouldn't forget about the ones that were truly wonderful, because they deserve better than that, and so do we.

Don't forget to comment/follow and all, and as always thanks for reading :)


1 comment:

  1. I like Jane Seymour. I think she was the hottest Bond Girl.

    ReplyDelete