Wednesday 21 August 2013

Size don't matter!

You are beautiful!

I feel like people these days, especially teenagers, are constantly obsessed with body image instead of health. These are two very different things. The majority of girls want a 'thigh gap' and a small waist and skinny legs etc, and boys want ripped muscles and toned bodies. I really don't see why girls want a gap in between their legs, most of the time no one even looks down there anyway, (unless you're a perv) and its nothing special anyway, its a gap containing air... Obviously if you've got one im not saying you're not beautiful, im just saying I don't know why people are so obsessed with getting them and thinking that if they have one guys will be chasing after them and their life will be so much better. Its stupid, because that's not the case at all, coming from someone who has one. But im underweight, so im basically not healthy. 

And this is what im getting at, people may be like "oh you're so skinny I wish I had a thigh gap like you, I wish my legs were as skinny as yours" blah blah blah, and yeah im thankful for their compliments but id rather be healthy than socially accepted, and even though I do have one, I still wouldn't say that im socially accepted, haha. And im underweight because of an illness I have which makes it harder for me to put on weight. So i know that im not my healthiest. But people seem to act like they'd rather put body image before health, and that's mainly because of society. 

Society puts an image in peoples' heads that slim is acceptable and anything above curvy is not. People need to know that they cant let the media, a loved one, or a number define their beauty. Because people come in all shapes and sizes but they're ALL beautiful. Health should always come first because that's whats most important at the end of the day, not what others think is socially beautiful or not.

HEALTH = BEAUTY - When you feel good on the inside, it shows on the outside. 

Thanks for reading, remember to comment/follow etc :)

My twitter is @geeeboo

2 comments: