Friday 4 October 2013

"Friends"

Friends


No, I'm not talking about the TV series, I'm talking about real life friends. The ones who come, the ones who go, and the ones who you're not sure about. 

In the past I've never really had more than 1 best friend, like I've had other friends as well as my best friend, but never had more than one person who I can call my best friend, as its very rare to find more I feel. I don't like to give the title to someone who's not as close to me as they could be, so whats the point in lying about it? 

Its hard to find people you can trust, especially if you're in high school. As there are popular people, the not so popular people, bitchy people, the two faced people, the wanna be populars etc, the list could go on... 
Its hard to find which category you fit into, and the people you'd like to spend time with. 

Even when you think you're close to someone and you think they're the loveliest person ever, they turn on you. Maybe because of a certain rumor about you they've heard that may or may not be true, or they just get tired of you and move onto others. Its sad but its true, it happens to us all. I try to see it as a positive thing and think that person was obviously not meant to be in my life, let them go into someone else's. 

In your group of friends, there can be people you're very close to, and people you're not so close to. This can be very confusing and can make some situations awkward, like if you want to invite people over to your house but you're not sure whether to invite the ones you're not as close to. As you're not sure where you stand with them. They kinda just hang around with you because they're closer to a certain person or 2 in your group. Of course you can try and become closer to them, but sometimes they just don't put the same amount of effort in.

Recently I've gone through situations where I've told people who I thought were my best friends secrets, and they've told others. This made me lose all trust in them and most people in general, there is only one friend I have that I can tell anything to and I know they will be loyal. This can make me seem like a really secretive and reserved person, and I get judged for it. But honestly I just don't want to get hurt again, some people just don't understand I guess. 

If you're in a sticky situation with a friend but don't have anyone to confind in and seek advice, I'm always here if anyone needs me, even though I don't know you personally, I'll be happy to help. As I know how alone and anxious "friends" can make you feel. Just message me on my Twitter @geeeboo if you need me. 

This is quite random but I thought this would be good to lighten the mood, I assume it goes with the topic.. haha enjoy 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F0QwmkN5WI

Thank you for reading, comment if you'd like to see more posts like this and what you think of this post! Follow me on Twitter/Bloglovin/Here too please :)

See you again soon, geeeboo xox


3 comments:

  1. Oh honey I completely understand. I recently discovered that a really close friend on mine was lying to me and was backstabbing me on a social media platform that I don't actively use. Needless to say we aren't friends anymore but it still hurt because I was really involved in her life. I helped her when home was destroyed by a tornado and she was out of the country. I felt completely betrayed but now I've just realized I dont need friends like that. Thanks for sharing. Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so sorry that happened to you! You're better without her it seems, thank you so much for reading! xox

      Delete